Most immigrants come to work in Dubai and that is why the companies they work for will handle all visa proceedings. However, for those wanting to set up a company and obtain residency, our company formation agents in Dubai will help with all the procedures, including for other emirates in UAE. Residence visas are issued for a specific period of time and must be renewed every one, two or three years.
Handles immigration and visa issuance
Dubai, like all emirates in the UAE, has its own Department of Naturalization and Residency, also known as the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs that handles immigration and visa issuance. Most of those already living in Dubai are not immigrants, but expats with a Dubai residence permit that grants them the right to live in the emirate.
Immigration options in UAE
The Dubai government has tried its best and succeeded in offering advantageous conditions for those willing to immigrate here by enabling new laws and regulations related to employment conditions and business opportunities.
Those who want to immigrate to Dubai
- by applying for one of the visas which allow a foreign citizen to live in Dubai (student visas and family reunification visas).
- through the obtaining an employment visa which implies securing a job offer from a local company first.
- through the residency by investment program which was recently enabled in Dubai.
- by investor visa which is available for those interested in starting a business in Dubai.
Which is the best way to immigrate to Dubai?
There are three main ways to immigrate to Dubai – United Arab Emirates:
- The family visa if the individual has a family member already established in Dubai.
- Family-sponsored visas are available for those with a family member residing in Dubai. In this case, the family member, also known as the sponsor, must make a security deposit payment and must provide his or her residence permit when applying for a Dubai family visa.
- Obtain a business visa when opening a company in Dubai.
- obtain an employment visa.
- Obtaining a work permit is, perhaps, one of the easiest ways to immigrate to Dubai. The initial application allows an individual to obtain a three-year visa that can be extended indefinitely. The work permit may be obtained if an employer applies for the visa on behalf of the employee. However, the future employee must also meet certain criteria and provide certain documents prior to the application. The main category of work permit is the Dubai residence visa for employment.
Investment visa in Dubai
Those involved in business relations with companies in Dubai may apply for a multiple-entry visa that will allow them to come to the city as many times as it is necessary.
The Dubai investor visa is for foreign businessmen who make an important investment in the city. The Dubai investor visa has a three-year validity. Similar to the investor visa is the partner business visa.
Immigration to Dubai on business purposes allows individuals to apply for several types of visas depending on the investor’s needs.
Dubai residence with investment program
Some time ago, the UAE government activated the Residency by Investment program through which a foreign national can immigrate to the UAE by purchasing a property in Dubai. The minimum amount of investment in real estate to obtain residency is 1 million dirhams.
New immigration law in the UAE
According to the above, there are several types of visas that a foreign national may apply for when immigrating to Dubai. One of the easiest ways to do this is with a work visa, which is based on two main conditions: a sponsorship and work contract.
In 2015, the UAE government introduced three new amendments in the UAE Immigration Law:
Eases the employment offer a Dubai company sends to a foreign candidate.
In the 2015 Immigration Law refers to the termination of employment which can now take place if the two parties agree to end work relation before the contract itself ends.
This decree refers to the release of a new employment permit for immigrants in Dubai right after a previous work contract has terminated.
Sponsorship requirements when immigrating to Dubai
Those who want to open an onshore company in Dubai will need a local partner in order to set up the business. In the case of family members relocating to Dubai, the members established here will cat as sponsors. It should be noted that women cannot act as sponsors.
Obtaining citizenship in the UAE
One of the conditions for obtaining citizenship is for the foreigner to live in Dubai for at least 30 years.
Children of foreign citizens born in Dubai will directly acquire UAE citizenship. Also, the children of UAE citizens born outside the country can obtain citizenship after they reach the age of 18. while women married to UAE citizens can apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage.
Document requirements when immigrating to Dubai
Generally speaking, the following documents must be prepared when immigrating to Dubai:
- Valid passport.
- Recent photographs.
- Proof of financial means to support oneself.
- The property title of the purchased property (required under the residence by investment program).
- Job offering letter (in the case of employment visas).
- Information about the sponsor (where required).
- Proof of accommodation.
To get more information about the conditions for obtaining residence and immigration to the UAE, you can contact our company’s representatives in Dubai. Our local consultants in Paragoal Group can also assist foreign investors interested in registering a company in Dubai or other UAE cities.